Happy Monday, everyone! How was your weekend? I can hardly believe it, but I’m currently at 42/150 for my 2017 reading challenge…GAH! I was originally going to post a book review today of one that I finished last Friday, but I’m gonna save it for this Wednesday because I had this one planned for a while now.
Today’s post is about stories I really want to read and really want authors to write about! This post is for any of you aspiring writers out there who may need a spark of inspiration or already have a story like this! But even if you’re not a writer – if you have a good recommendation for me that may fulfill any of these plot ideas, let me know!
- A post fairy-tale story told from the perspective of a fairy tale Princess’s daughter (e.g. the daughter of Snow White, Rapunzel, or Cinderella, etc.). I’ve read a lot of fairy-tale re-tellings including Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles and Rosamund Hodge’s Cruel Beauty.
- An urban fantasy story in which Greek Gods & Goddesses live among us, but have mysteriously forgotten their identities. The story would probably start with one God or Goddess having dreams of who he/she used to be in a past life or something like that. I’ve read Kendare Blake’s Goddess War series and definitely plan on reading the Percy Jackson books.
- Similar to number 2: Another re-telling of the story of Hades and Persephone in a contemporary setting in which they have forgotten who they used to be and find each other again. I’ve read the Everneath trilogy by Brodi Ashton and wasn’t a huge fan.
- A love story told from the perspective of the home-wreckers, LOL. There would be a couple whose impending love is sabotaged by another guy and girl, who realize their mistakes later and try to get the original couple back together and then the home-wreckers would get together in the end.
- A funny love story about a girl who works at a library and falls in love with a regular patron who is way too cool for her but harbors some dark secret (maybe something SEXY LOL). And yes, this is totally because I work in a library and am in library school and want to fall in love with someone this way hahaha.
There you have it, future authors – get crackin’! Do any of these story ideas appeal to you? What stories do you want to read that you don’t think have been written yet?